Workout No. 2: “Follow the Leader"
21 Calorie Row
21 Hang Squat Clean Thruster 75/55lbs
21 Pull Up (BAM = Ring Rows)
15 Calorie Row
15 Hang Squat Clean Thruster 75/55lbs
15 Pull Up (BAM = Ring Rows)
9 Calorie Row
9 Hang Squat Clean Thruster 75/55lbs
9 Pull Up (BAM = Ring Rows)
* This workout is run as a waterfall where Athlete 2 always follows Athlete 1, Athlete 3 always follows Athlete 2, and every athlete will complete 21-15-9 of the movements.
* Waterfall Details:
* Athlete 1 starts with the 21 Calorie Row, and upon completion Athlete 2 will complete the 21 Calorie Row, and upon completion Athlete 3 will complete the 21 Calorie Row.
* Once all Athletes complete the Row, Athlete 1 will begin 21 Hang Squat Clean Thrusters, then Athlete 2, and then Athlete 3. The team will continue this pattern only moving onto the next movement once ALL athletes have finished their reps of the previous.
* Teams will continue moving through the workout in this fashion until all 3 athletes have cleared all 21-15-9 reps of all the movements.
* Row calories are to be re-set between athletes.
* The hang squat clean thruster starts from the hang position. The first rep may not be cleaned from the ground. Athletes will need to land in a full depth squat and finish each rep with the bar locked completely overhead. No “Push Jerk” Thrusters will be allowed. Walking out of the Thruster will be allowed only if the previous criteria are still followed.
* Pull Ups: Standard pull up with full extension at the bottom with feet off the ground to chin over the top of the pull up bar. Any grip is permitted.
* Ring Rows: Bottom of the rings will be set to 3ft off the ground. Athlete will stand directly underneath the pull up bar and lean back leaving feet in place. Athlete will begin the movement with straight arms and heels touching the ground. The athlete will then pull the rings to touch with their ribs for 1 rep. Athlete must maintain a straight planked body position with knees locked out and no sagging of the hips throughout the movement.
* Time Cap: 15 Minutes
* Score: Time (1 second added per rep not completed)